The Department of Political Science offers a wide range of undergraduate programs that are designed for motivated students who wish to excel. Graduates of these programs go on to pursue careers in many fields which may include but are not limited to business, government, public policy, international affairs, and law. Students who complete our Honors programs are well prepared for post-graduate study.
For complete program information and updates, see the Western University Academic Calendar.
Every university degree requires the following:
- Completion of 5.0 first-year course credits (1000-1999)
- No more than 7.0 first year course credits completed (1000-1999)
- Completion of 20.0 course credits in total for a 4-year degree and 15.0 towards a 3-year degree (normally 5.0 courses taken each year)
- Completion of 1.0 Category B course credit (from Arts & Humanities)
- Completion of 1.0 Category C course credit (from Science)
For Honors Specialization programs: 70% average on module courses with a minimum of 60% in each course used for the module. Min. 65% average on 20.0 courses completed for graduation
For a Major leading towards an Honors Degree (Double Major): 70% average on module courses with a minimum of 60% in each course used for the module. Min. 65% average on 20.0 courses
For a Major leading towards an Non-Honors Degree: 60% average on module courses and 60% average on 20.0 courses completed for graduation