Current Student Information
Resources for Current Students
- Add/Drop Social Science Academic Counselling
- Appeals (Grade Appeals Procedure)
- Special Permissions (Department Specific Information) (Academic Counselling Information)
- The Active Exam Schedule
- Exam Accommodations, Common Situations and Study Tips
- Medical Accommodation
- Grades Information
- Letter of Permission Information
- Second Degree/Special Students
Plagarism & Academic Offenses
Plagiarism means using another’s work without giving credit.
The university has rules against plagiarism and other scholastic offences. The Department of Political Science has a zero-tolerance policy on plagiarism. If you are found guilty of plagiarizing, the minimum penalty is 0 on the assignment. A repeat offence will earn you 0 on the course. Another offence could lead to expulsion from the university.
Every course syllabus in our department includes the following information in the Appendix.
Additional information about the University’s policy on scholastic discipline can be found at: Scholastic Discipline for Undergraduate Students
- Department Publication - "What is Plagiarism?"
- Scholastic Discipline for Undergraduate Students
- Cheating, Plagiarism and Unauthorized Collaboration: What Students Need to Know
There are also numerous resources available to help educate yourself about this serious academic offence:
- From UWO's Office of the Ombudsman, two excellent handouts on academic integrity:
- From York University, an academic integrity tutorial